Sunday, October 31, 2010

September/October

First of all I would like to apologise for taking such a long time to write or even start this post. Wolfie would say I was faulenzen... However, I would say I have been anything but lazy, haha.... My "Facebook" addiction is a hard habit to kick.....What's it been - like a month...... ish?? 

Right, allot has happened in the last month, the arrival of our Aussie bbq (yippee), me starting work (aghh) to our fantastic road trip to Ayers rock. Big or small I will try to be as accurate as possible with the details (providing my memory serves me correctly).


So a few bits and bobs from way back.....








A little excitement on our street early September. Yes the dreaded weather - just like the UK I might add. If I remember rightly we had horrendous rain, strong winds and general horridness for approximately 3 weeks - Can you believe it? We leave our home, the little island on the other side of the world, to find we have exchanged for a slightly bigger one - weather included.  On this particular day, we found great comfort in retreating from the outside world, to our world of the trusted hoodies and cosy blankets...


A touch of gardening!





So Mr W thought he would try his hand at gardening...another of his many talents. As you can see by these picture's, for some reason (unknown to me) he ended up with most of the garden attached to himself. Don't give up your day job darling:)


As we have all been led to believe Australia is the place for bbq's.. "Shrimps on the barby" etc. As our house didn't come with one, it was of course, on the top of our "to buy" list, just as soon as the weather picks up.


Did I tell you how amazing our neighbours are??? Jack & Bev are great, they have helped us out so much, I really don't know what we would do without them... Anyway, I get a call from Jack asking me to pop over, he could do with a hand - when I arrive he reveals the biggest bbq I have ever seen - seriously I could use it as a bed, it's huge! Massive triple grill,  double oven, spit roaster and even a separate stove for a Wok! The Aussies know how to bbq!
So I get to work with, nuts and bolts, screwing drilling and so on. This thing is so big it took the best part of the day to assemble, and to be honest I loved every minute of it. It reminded me of working with my dear Dad.. And my reward (I really didn't expect nor want one)... Jack gives us his old bbq! Fantastic!
Well, Wolfie arrives home and we are like kids at Christmas...yeah, yeah easily excitable:)


So here it is...........


Of course as soon as we got it home we had to have a play.

Thank you Jack x



You may wonder the importance of our recording these little moments...well quite simply (to those of you who didn't know) this is the first time we have lived together as a couple. No house share, surgery, family, friends etc, just plain and simple us. In a way, we have entered our relationship the old fashioned way... All of these little events are a big deal to us.
From the moment we arrived in Australia we have been living a whole new life & new experience & not just because we are living in another country. I have to say -  we are loving every minute together.










2 comments:

  1. Hi Both,

    Oh I'm so glad the blog is back, I've missed it...and I'm so glad you are enjoying every moment, you'll be glad you did when you get back to the UK. Time flies.

    I cant believe its the first time you time you have lived together alone. Sweet.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks Rach. I am so behind - still writing up our Ayers Rock trip! It will be added soon:)

    Yes, a lot of people didn't realise we hadn't lived together on our own. Mainly due to my hip surgery's and the after care I needed,so we shared with my Mum then with planning to move out here we decided to wait. In a way we appreciate each other more now than having to think about others in the equation:)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete