Saturday, August 21, 2010

Time............

Aug 20th.....


Be it interesting or not, this is todays blog.


Today I thought I would try my hand at ...... wait for it......Baking.


Some of you, those who know me best, will be laughing at the mere concept of this. Yes I hear you:)


Well, before we arrived I was asked by our landlords (Tash & Matt), while they were packing their things away - our interests, if there was anything we needed etc... DVD's, kitchen gadgets, baking equipment, sewing machine and so on. OK, so I drew the line at sewing machine! No matter how much I debated, I was never going to convince myself or Wolfie that I was going to become the sewing master.. However, cooking on the other hand I get by with.... I have too - Mr Wagner dose NOT cook;)


So yes Matt & Tash of course I bake! I love to bake! The fact that I have only ever 'baked' once in my life (I was probably about 8yrs old) did not come in to it...hmmmmm.


Anyway, after being here a while now I soon realised that I have a rather large amount of unexpected time on my hands. Especially when Wolfie has taken the car.. there is, after all, only so much ironing and cleaning one can do.


So Friday I got it into my head I was the baker I had claimed to be and I was going to be the model wife!


Here is the result......


Very moist 'Lemon Drizzle' sponge cake!
No I can safely say it was not flat  - plus I added extra lemon - just like Nana used to make for me:)


Fruit & Nut cookies.
 These, rather anemic looking, creations were supposed to be cookies. More like "Rock cakes" and if I am going to be honest...not very good even after my 3rd attempt. 

Wolfie, of course, being the best husband ever say's they are fantastic and the best cookies ever! Funny that - I read in a tourist guide of Germany, particularly Dresden/Leipzig,  that it was "the land of cake eaters" with the best cakes ever! Obviously they have never eaten mine....errr...



No comments:

Post a Comment